Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Comedic Mastermind Brendon Small Brings us Dethalbum III

Dethklok, from the most metal TV show ever Metalocalypse have once again succeeded at giving us a epic comedic melodic death metal album for the 3rd time! Brendon Small is awesome and has an amazing mind. Usually takes me awhile to understand the lyrics in a Dethklok album, but after a few listens I found this album quite delicious. The opening song I Ejaculate Fire is everything Dethklok has to offer: humor, brutality and orgasmic bone crushing pure sweetness. But I already burned myself out on the song before the actual release of the whole album. Crush the Industry instantly made me smile with delight; the heart pumping drum and randy guitar riff sets a good start but then the rhythm guitar comes in and holy shit.....yum yum yum. The Galaxy gives off that good old Dethklok feeling, where some how guttural vocals are catchy and give off a delicate beauty when mixed correctly with a smooth melody; reminds me of Go Into the Water from the first Dethalbum. Starved sounded quite unique for Dethklok, it has a sludgy metal sound and I still don't know what episode its from haha. Ghostqueen, can you say heavy bass guitar? Dam Murderface sure is apart of this song, once again cant tell what Nathan (Brendon) is saying but this song will be one of my favorites from the album for sure. The song The Hammer also gives off that original Dethklok sound of catchy riffs and a beautiful flowing melody. The final song Rejoin is just so fucking awesome that I was saddened to know that it is the last song on the album, just check that song out for yourself. Putting that shit on REPEAT! I also recommend getting the Deluxe Edition of this album if you are a hardcore Metalocalypse fan, its got 32 min of the making of the album and brutal animated music videos that are just exploding with pure metal! I give this album 4 out of 5 stars for giving us a new epic taste of Dethklok but still retaining the pure brutal humorous essence that makes Dethklok and I really hope that I can make the Dethklok show next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment