Tuesday, May 17, 2011

System of a Down LIVE


Last Sunday I saw System of a Down at Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountainview. While entering the venue some guy pulled up next to my truck and handed me a VIP parking pass, which pretty much told me that it was gonna be a good night. Being a fan of System of a Down for many many years I was very stoked to see them live. The opening band Gogol Bardello was one of the strangest but coolest things ive seen. Those insane gypsies had the crowd going crazy. The mosh pit was a cyclone of prancing hippies and metal heads, it was a site to see. I loved singing along to Start Wearing Purple and Break the Spell.
Then after getting some overpriced venue food, System came on. They opened up with Prison Song and the whole crowd sung along. I was stoked to know that they were playing 28 songs after that. Serj Tankian said his words about how Turkey needs to fess up to the Armenian Genocide. The Concert was concluded with Sugar, which was pretty fucking awesome live! The only problem I had with the performance was that the upper speakers weren't on and I was capable of hearing myself talk. (VERY UNCOOL) I also noticed that System didn't really seem too into playing together again after 6 years. Hell, it almost seemed like there wasn't any passion in the music. Hopefully this was just because they were a little rusty. Oh and long live Dr. Snuggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment