Friday, February 1, 2013

Hatebreed - The Divinity of Purpose


Hatebreed's purpose in life is to bring on the bad ass while achieving inspiration. I will never forget the first time I heard them in 2001 within in the movie xXx (Vin Diesel). I got the soundtrack and played I Will Be Heard a million times, I think i was in 3rd grade? Anyways back to this brutal ass album.  Nothing too special in my opinion, but it defiantly does not suck! The Divinity of Purpose is the equivalent to listening to a battle speech, but this speech is not given by a mere man, but by a fucking god. The opening song Put It to the Torch will lite fire to the hairs of your ass and get you riled up and head banging! This song is followed by the anthem Honor Never Dies, Jamey Jasta never fails to create a awesome chorus that will get you chanting along with him! "SOMETIMES STANDING FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE, MEANS STANDING ALONE!" The rest of the album follows the same pattern that Hatebreed always upholds, repetitive but awesome inspirational choruses, epic and heavy ass guitar riffs and just sere awesomeness. My only complaint is that if I were to have all my Hatebreed albums on shuffle I probably would mix all these new songs up with the old...but hey its not like any of those songs are band, right? I give Hatebreed's The Divinity of Purpose 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment