Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Winds of Plague - Against the World


I'd say their best album yet! The eerie opening song Raise the Dead, has creepy children singing some nursery song...fuckin awesome! I love the lyrics in Refined in Fire, "I fear no evil, evil fucking fears me". Its just cheesy enough to be bad ass. The Warrior Code is very interesting, never seen anything like it. Its like some Japanese  Samurai battle speech song thing, but I strangely like it. Jamey Jasta's appearance on Built for War...of course makes the song worth listening to. Being from California myself, the song California is cheesy as hell but its catchy and just worth singing along to. I also enjoy how the pianist made a noticeable appearance this time around, they incorporated her quite nicely. Overall I find it a solid album and I am glad they tuned it down on the vocals also. You can actually hear the brutal lyrics! I give Against the World a 8 out of 10. I might go to Warped Tour just to see Winds of Plague for the 3rd time.

No comments:

Post a Comment