Monday, July 18, 2011

Mayhem Festival 2011!


This year I realized you got to go to Mayhem willing to take in all the metal it has to offer. Otherwise you wont enjoy yourself. The lineup was kindve eh this year...but I took in the best of it. First off was  Straight Line Stitch...not to great haha. Red Fang isnt my thing but they were good for what they are. All Shall Perish...fucking awesome pits and they got the crowd going! Kingdom of Sorrow was pretty awesome...but not my favorite. Later I got to meet Jamey Jasta, which pretty much made my night. I appreciated seeing Testament, but I just cant really enjoy most thrash metal and the fact that they were replacing a band I would love to see, which was In Flames I was just pissed. Machine Head opened up the main stage by playing Imperium and ended with Halo, pretty much pure epicness! Megadeth was cool to see live, but I cant get into Dave's voice. Godsmack surprised me with how entertaining their show was. The drum battle they had....holy shit that was cool! The night ended with Disturbed, they were good but not much different as usual. Thus ending Mayhem 2011....Cant wait for next Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment