Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mayhem Fest 2012


As like every year I arrived at Shoreline Amphitheater July, 1st 2012. Not gonna lie, wasn't too stoked for this years lineup. I'm not a fan of thrash metal and Ive grown out of Slipknot. I was stoked for As I Lay Dying though, out of all the concerts I've ever been to, I some how never saw them until Mayhem. As soon as band got up on stage I was fuckin pumped! Tim Lambesis arrived on stage last with his colorful tattoo's and his beautifully brutal beard scruff, not gonna lie....it was pretty sexy haha. They got the crowd going crazy, I haven't enjoyed a set list so much in a long time! As I Lay Dying is definitely a great band live. My favorite local band A Band of Orcs won a spot on the Sumerian stage this year also. Whats cooler than 5 dudes dressed as fuckin Orcs? That is all I have to say, HAIL GZOROTH! Check them out here at the orc tower http://abandoforcs.com/ .
The rest of the bands I could care less about, but ill write about the main stage anyways. The Devil Wears Prada, saw them once before. Lets just say I aint a fan, they sounded alright for who they are but the real entertainment was in the crowd. "Hardcore dancers" were investing the lawn, quite a disturbing site, the were closing in from all sides with no remorse. I had my arms up, ready to block on coming spastic fist from giving me a black eye. Suddenly a wild group of burly bald dudes should up with fist at the ready and epically dominated the pit throwing the hardcore dancers out. This battle went back in forth throughout the show, it was very amusing to watch. Motorhead came on next, cool to say I watched them, but they bore the shit out of me. The mosh pit was pretty pathetic until Ace of Spades came on. Slayer, oh Slayer. Like I said, I am not a fan of thrash metal, I find most of it quite boring. I learned from 2009 that Slayer is extremely boring live, except the mosh pits, those are fucking epic. Anyways I spent my time during Slayer, mocking the over obsessed fans. Every person I walked by I would scream Slayer in their face. I bet you can guess what they did in response? Yes, they mindlessly screamed Slayer in return. Have you ever screamed Slayer in a venue restroom before? Do it, its fucking hilarious. Slipknot is fun to watch, but there is only a few songs I still hold close to my heart, Before I Forget, Duality, and Psychosocial. The mosh pits for Slipknot are like running into pillows in a padded room. But I enjoyed myself, I hope next years lineup is on epic proportions! Amon Amarth 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment