Tuesday, September 25, 2012

As I Lay Dying...have AWAKENED once more!


As I lay Dying released their new album Awakened today and I'm stoked. I aint usually one to like Christian metalcore bands, but As I Lay dying has a very soft spot in my heart. Tim Lambesis seems like one of the coolest metal dudes out there; I mean shit hes a handsome burly dude (no homo) and his side project Austrian Death Machine, you cant get cooler than that. But any ways lets get away from my man crush on Tim and move on to Awakened. First off I really appreciate the album art, it reminds me of the inside of an old theater for some reason. Maybe its the gold, angels and swans. Musically I love the album. Some people say they have lost their edge and are using too much clean vocals. My opinion is that its just perfect the way it is. The album does have its heavier songs (A Greater Foundation), but overall I find it quite casual when it comes to metal. I also enjoy the clean vocal choruses, they are catchy as fuck and have the more recent day As I Lay Dying sound. Like if I were to have a girl that does not typically like metal in my car; I'd feel more comfortable listening to this as opposed to Amon Amarth and if they don't like it...to hell with them!
The songs Wasted Words and My Only Home...*drool* I'm addicted to them. As I Lay Dying must have checked into my recent personal life, because the song Overcome has lyrics made for me. Not that anyone cares, but that song is empowering! But overall I recommend this album is a casual listen and I give it 8/10 stars. I wish As I Lay Dying's upcoming tour had better bands on it. Not even worth mentioning who is on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment