Sunday, August 29, 2010

S.C.U.M. Fest 2010, A Band of Orcs


The first annual Santa Cruz Underground Metal Fest was fucking brutal. This was the first massive local show I had ever been to. It took place on June 21st 2010. A few friends of mine and I went to the open field this was set up at, at about 9 a.m. we sat through most the bands all day. Some were good and others bad. I had already seen and heard of a few before such as Kha' Nos, Yaulton, The Blackest Covest,  and The Backup Razor, they were pretty good for new bands and the singer for Kha' Nos was fucking crazy! My friend even broke his collarbone in a wall of death.
The merch there was cheap, I was stoked to take home 2$ posters of Eluveitie, Cannibal Corpse and others.
The headlining bands played later that night. Friends at Feast was good and A Band of Orcs got the crowd Crazy!!! I was up front the whole time; hell the singer even wore my hat! He also poured strange substances called "elven blood" on us even though it was just sweet and sour sauce. I love their costumes and will be seeing them every chance I get! They can definitely put on a good show. The night ended with the police showing up and Gogog Bloodthroat challenging him to battle. We left S.C.U.M. Fest with great memories, a free cd and lots of merch. I hope this festival continues for years to come. Its a great way for new bands to show what they got and metal heads to make new friends.

Check it Out
A video of A Band of Orcs from that night. My friends and I are in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment